Thursday, March 31, 2011

peanut wraps


My dear friend, Erin recently shared this recipe with me and I was immediately in love. Here is what she says about the recipe, "I got this recipe from my mother-in-law about a year ago and it quickly became one of our favorites. We make it on a fairly regular basis and it has never failed us. Ever. It has the perfect amount of crunch, is delicious served hot or cold, and the peanut sauce always leaves me licking my plate like the lady I am. It's that good." See, now you know why I love the recipe (and her).

Peanut Wraps

Ingredients:
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 tbs cooking oil (I use peanut oil)
4 cups broccoli slaw (I use one bag and it works fine)
1 medium red onion (I skip this if we don't have it or use a white onion and it's still delish)
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
Tortillas

Peanut Sauce:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy work, I kind of like crunchy for the added crunch)
3 tbs soy sauce
5 tbs water
3 tbs cooking oil
1 or 2 cloves freshly pressed garlic cloves (sometimes I just use garlic powder)

Directions:
Season chicken strips with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil on medium-high until no pink left. Put aside and keep warm.
In same skillet add broccoli mix, onion, and ginger. Cook until crisp but tender.

Make peanut sauce while veggies cook. In a small saucepan combine sauce ingredients, heat and stir until dissolved.

Serve by layering the veggies, chicken, and sauce in a tortilla. Wrap it up. Eat it up. Lick your plate.
Makes 6-8 wraps. (Makes a great salad too!)

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
8 Comments

8 Responses to “peanut wraps”

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That sounds delicious ... I'm bookmarking it to try soon!

Monica said...

Made these this weekend. The boys gobbled them up. Thank you for sharing this!

chiggidy said...

rand. another fun thing for thai chicken wraps is to do them with rice paper wrappers...

crafterhours said...

you are my new best friend. And this is my new favorite meal! I licked my plate AND my kids' plates! Thank you so much for sharing!

Kate said...

I made this for dinner tonight. Delicious! Definitely a keeper! I thought the sauce was a little bit too sweet so next time I'll use half the sugar. Also, I added a little sesame oil and red pepper flakes to the sauce for an extra little kick. Thanks for the awesome recipe!

Ralene said...

My family wants to eat this everyday, it was delicious!

Ralene said...

This was delicious! My family wants it once a week!

Anonymous said...

I am making this tonight. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs